Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Its My Party

Shame on me for letting so much time pass between blog entries! I suppose I just havent experienced anything interesting lately.  Make no mistake; Ive been visiting plenty of Sacramento places and spaces. But I dont write about just any ol' Sacramento scene.  Only the hidden treasures or worthy hot spots will get attention on this blog.

For this entry, though, I think I will do something a bit different. 

While I dont consider myself much of a homemaker, the Stepford Wives spirit sometimes strikes and transforms me into a domestic diva.  This weekend, the best Sacramento scene was located at my very own home as I threw a lingerie bridal shower for my best friend, Ashley.  Now this woman is Martha Stewart's successor so it was quite a challenge to throw a party that would impress her.

I think I succeeded....

Party Planning 101.



The invite is your introduction to the event.  Its like a first impression.   Would you show up to a first date wearing sweats or a track suit?!?! ( I fear some of you would, but..)  The correct answer is no.   Same goes for a party.  And on that note, never RSVP "yes" to a party that has a lackluster invitation.  You can assume the actual event will be just as drab.





There must be a fabulous focal point. In my case, I made a banner and below it placed a table adorned with favors and activites.




"The devil is in the details" as they say. So everything should hint at the color scheme and theme of the event. In the case of my lingerie shower, all the decorations recalled the 'pink with white polka dots' scheme from the invite.  The favors were satchels of potpurri for the panty drawer.  And the playlist inlcuded sexy songs like Love Game by Lady Gaga; Sex Machine by James Brown; She Wolf by Shakira; and Afternoon Delight by the Starland Vocal Band.  What songs would you recommend?



Detail and first impression are also important when bestowing your gift on the bride-to-be.  Ive added a few special trinkets including a "U" made of pearls for what will be the first letter of her new last name!


Here I am frosting my homemade red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting. Red is so sultry, isnt it?


I also made bra and panty cookies...

...because thats just the kind of girl I am!





The best way to a girl's.... um...heart.... is through desserts!!!  I couldnt resist these sweet treats.



A few silly games helped everyone loosen up. Here we passed a cucumber between our legs in 'musical chairs' fashion.  Dont get caught with it between your legs when the music stops!!






Any if you've done it right, all of your hard decorating work will pay off in the form of beautiful and memorable photos. 

Happy marriage!

3 comments:

  1. this party was a success. you are a wonderful planner and friend. J's when are you going to do an entry dedicated to me? eg

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahaha "the correct answer is no." i love when you let your inside Karl show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! Martha would be proud. Great details!

    ReplyDelete